SIGNALS OF DEPRESSION
Occasionally feeling down or “blue” is a normal part of life. That said, if you can’t get yourself out of bed in the morning, have prolonged feelings of despair or emptiness, or if you’ve lost enjoyment in life, then this may be a signal of depression. Depression, which can occur acutely or chronically, can have significant adverse effects on your relationships, work or school life, sleeping and eating habits, and general well-being.
Symptoms of depression vary, but can include:
– Depressed mood and a reduced interest in pleasurable activities
– Changes in appetite, insomnia, and decreased libido
– Lack of energy, feelings of guilt or worthlessness, and agitation
– Inability to concentrate, social isolation, or unhelpful thinking patterns
– In more severe cases, thoughts of death or suicide can accompany depression
HELP IS AT HAND
Treatment for depression should always be determined by a licensed professional to ensure an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. Using cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), our counselors will work with you on decreasing behaviors that exacerbate depression. We will focus on self-monitoring the relationship between your thoughts and behaviors in order to replace distorted conclusions with more reality-oriented beliefs, behavioral activation, social-skills training, living in the present, and mindfulness. Our team will work to help you change your mental dialogue in ways that will improve your mood.
Please contact Citron Hennessey Private Therapy to get help with depression.